Within 14 days of the shipment of your order, you have the option to return your hardware for refund. Due to the high amount of labor involved in our services, as well as other unrecoverable costs, all refunds are subject to a 15% restocking fee. All returned hardware must be undamaged and in as-new condition, in original packaging. Opened or activated software is not eligible for return. After the 14 day term, the system or components can only be returned at the discretion of Software & More, at the current value of the hardware minus a 15% restocking fee. Shipping costs are not refundable, and you are responsible for shipping costs to return an item. Special order items (parts not listed on our website, but are added by request to a quote), services, and peripherals (monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, etc) are not eligible for return. Product Compatibility: Software & More is not responsible for product compatibility problems. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Easy Steps for an Easy Return
- 1. Obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from Software & More within 14 days of the invoice date.
- Once your return has been authorized, we will email you the RMA# along with specific return instructions. The RMA number is valid for a period of 10 days. Open-item returns, returns received without a valid RMA #, or returns received more than 10 days after the RMA issue date will be classified as Overgoods* and will be refused. RMA #'s cannot be extended or re-issued.
- 2. When you receive your RMA #, you will also receive an address to where your package MUST be returned. Shipping the product return to an address other than the one provided may cause severe delays in the return process.
- 3. Pack the item you are returning within a sturdy shipping carton to prevent damage. We recommend you insure your return shipment against loss or damage, and use a carrier such as UPS or FedEx that can provide proof of delivery. You are responsible for all shipping charges on returned items and any damages in transit.
- 4. Prominently display the RMA number on the outside of the package being returned. Note: Do not write on or apply any labels directly to manufacturer boxes or original product packaging surfaces.
- 5. Your refund will be issued once the returned product has been received and accepted. Shipping charges are not refundable.
Important Return Notes
Note: Packages without an RMA# or returned products that are not authorized or acceptable for return will be shipped back to you at your expense.
*Overgoods are returns received by the return address warehouse under the following conditions:
- Product was received without a valid Return Merchandise Authorization number.
- Product was received later than 10 calendar days from the RMA date.
- Product does not meet our expectations. For example, the product is not in resalable condition, or was claimed to be defective and is found to be non-defective.
- Product is claimed to be unopened by the customer. Upon receipt a technician opens the package and discovers the product had been opened by the customer before it was returned.
Overgoods will be denied a refund and shipped back to you at your expense. This will be charged to your credit card. Your return may also be subject to a $50 processing fee if SOFTWARE & MORE is assessed a $50 processing fee from our supplier.
If a product cannot be deemed resalable and is sent back to the customer and the customer refuses a returned product shipment, or returns the product a second time without SOFTWARE & MORE's prior authorization, the customer agrees to relinquish all right and title to and waives all claims against SOFTWARE & MORE for credit charges related to such products.